Look, I know it’s a bank holiday. And I know it’s traditional on bank holidays for the weather to be pants. But I’m writing this from under my duvet. I’m wearing long PJs and socks and a hoodie and I’m still cold.
This is not normal.
And yes, I’m wearing PJs at 2 o’clock in the afternoon and NOPE NOT BOVVERED.
With Gary up North and my flatmates in the States, it’s been a super quiet weekend for me. I mean, I went out on Saturday and spent some time with my best buddy and a bottle of gin. And I hit up Columbia Road Flower Market with Ghenet yesterday morning.
But the rest of the time? It’s just been me, my music, my movies, a cup of tea and a Polish Bakery glazed donut.
And you know what? It’s been delicious. And I don’t just mean the donut.
It’s been so so so long since I’ve had time to just be with my own thoughts. Time to turn off my phone and iPad and laptop and just read a book or do some colouring or watch films. And this weekend I’ve done all of that.
I’ve also tidied the flat and cleaned the kitchen and made a bolognaise and sorted through some paperwork and done some washing and HELLO PRODUCTIVITY.
It’s been great!
1. Scrambled eggs and spinach for dinner in bed. Yummmmm.
2. Benefit’s Hoola bronzer. OMG I’M OBSESSED. I don’t look quite so much like a ghost when I wear this. It’s the perfect shade for me and I’m just so sad I didn’t discover it sooner!
3. Potato and rosemary sourdough bread with olive oil and sea salt drizzled on top. ‘Nuff said.
4. Channel 4’s Comedy Gala. I laughed til I cried watching this last night. Aisling Bea, Shappi Korsandi and Josh Widdicombe were particular favourites!
5. Vegetarian lunch with Viki. The lovely Viki and I popped into The Gate in Islington last week for lunch. We had some fantastic food and a lovely catch up, and it was such a nice break away from my desk!
6. Flowers. I’ve become obsessed with having fresh flowers in the house. There’s just something about them that makes me feel happy with life!
7. Goat’s cheese, honey and walnut cheese toastie from The Cheese Truck. Holy donkey on a bucket. You must go try this immediately. IMMEDIATELY. We popped into Maltby Street Market for lunch on Saturday and this toastie was just everything I could ever have dreamed of.
8. Kate Spade. Jaye and I tripped and fell into Kate Spade. Kate Spade were giving away 20% off vouchers. Jaye is an enabler. I bought a notebook. It is a BEAUTIFUL notebook. It makes me happy.
9. Running. I KNOW. I never thought this would make the list either. I’m so out of shape it’s not even funny. I haven’t mentioned to anyone that I started “running” again two weeks ago because the first time I went, I ran 10 minutes, then got a stitch and couldn’t breathe and had to stop. So yeah. I’m working on it, but even the small improvement I’ve noticed in just 5 runs is making me feel better about myself and my health. Yay endorphins!
10. YOU GUYS ♥ My last post had over 2k views in 12 hours, was shared over 250 times on Facebook and got 38 BEAUTIFUL comments. I also had a ton of messages from people I’d not heard from in years, friends who I didn’t realise read my blog and even total strangers from across the world – all people who are in or who have been in similar situations, who reached out to say the loveliest things and made me cry three times on Saturday morning. Seriously. That post was written for me, to get a bunch of stuff off my chest, and I’m so so glad you guys enjoyed it and related to it so much – it means the world.
And now I’m re-reading this list and realising that most of it involves food.
I’m not even a little bit sorry about that.
Enjoy the rest of your bank holiday Monday guys – and I hope you have a brilliant week! :)