You know, it’s weird, despite having no plans and a whole extra hour of time, I still feel like this week has gone by SO quickly.
My best buddy Vicky left for Australia this morning, not to return for a verrrry long time (if ever. sob).
We had leaving drinks with another friend of ours on Monday: a long catchup, lots of giggles, a bottle of proseco, and a double cheeseburger from Bleeker Street. (Best burger in London, and one day I WILL restrain myself long enough to photograph it for the blog… Maybe.)
I had a sick day halfway through the week, when I got hit by that horrible cold-fluey bug that seems to be doing the rounds.
Then my sister came to stay for the weekend, so I’ve been having lots of cuddles and catchups with her.
And now it’s Monday already.
And tomorrow is November and soon it will be Christmas and GOD, TIME.
CAN’T YOU JUST LIKE, I DON’T KNOW, TAKE A CHILL PILL OR SOMETHING?
1. Autumn leaves. I finally, fiiiiiiiinally got to dance around the pretty autumn leaves. Gary and I joined some friends of ours yesterday for a morning in Kew Gardens. The Arboretum there is stunning and I think we nailed the timing. The colours were SPECTACULAR!
2. Sister cuddles. I’ve been having quite a lot of homesickness pangs lately, so it’s been so nice to have my sister stay for the weekend and indulge me with lots of cuddles ♥︎
3. Pad Thai. On Saturday, my sis and I went out walking in London. We went from Mayfair to Regent Street, through Soho, down to Embankment, up to Charing Cross, and finished off the evening with pad Thai at Busaba Eathai. Perrrrfection.
4. Pink hair, don’t care. Vicky decided she wanted crazy hair for her trip to Oz, so I spent Saturday morning eating jam doughnuts and dying it Easter egg pink. It looked fabulous, we laughed lots, and I’m trying REALLY hard not to think about the fact that I won’t see her again for a year…
5. Jacket potato with beans and cheese. Is there anything more delicious after a day running through autumn leaves, than a fluffy jacket potato and a steaming cup of tea?
6. Pancakes. I was feeling horribly poorly last week, so Gary made me pancakes in bed. This boy. ♥︎
7. Gilmore Girls. OK so I never really got on the Gilmore Girls bandwagon. I wasn’t in the UK at the height of its popularity and I’ve just never really got the appeal. But then everyone started talking about the trailer for the new series… and here I am, 9 episodes in and UTTERLY. OBSESSED. I want to be Lorelai when I grow up.
8. Hanging out with Jaye. I haven’t seen Jaye since she moved back to Bournemouth last month, so it was lovely to sit down over coffee and have a proper little catchup about life.
9. Harry Potter illustrated editions. I ordered them and they arrived and ohmygod they’re pretty. Jim Kay has done SUCH an amazing job bringing the world of Harry Potter to life (again). Best £30 I’ve spent in a while. They’re beauuuutiful!
10. Instagram. My sister lent me her phone to take a couple of photos whilst we were out in London, and I was able to upload to Instagram for the first time in a week and OH THE SWEET BLESSED RELIEF.
This week is looking (once again) pretty chilled.
I have one event to attend with the lovely Charlie, and I’ve got an evening of drinks planned with the Bangarang ladies (yay!), but other than that?
It’s all about the gym, the dinners, the books, the candles and stalking Envirophone to see whether the iPhone I want has come back into stock yet…
Have a very wonderful week! ♥︎