Is it really only Monday? I feel like it’s Thursday already.
So far today, I’ve woken up, made breakfast, answered emails, started filming for a vlog, got ready for an event, realised the event is actually tomorrow, panicked, rang work, came into work, and now I’m writing this blog post and trying to remember how to be a grown up.
Every time I think I’m nearly there, I do something silly like this and I go back to feeling like a 10 year old…
I had a dream on Saturday night, that I’d somehow acquired a bunny rabbit. Except I didn’t know I had a bunny rabbit, so I didn’t look after it and he got very sick. (It wasn’t a very nice dream.)
I woke up in tears, and in my weird half-asleep state, told Gary that I think it means that I know I need to grow up and be more responsible about stuff, but I don’t know how to.
And I think that preeeeeeetty much sums up my week.
How to be an adult: Katy has no clue.
Here are the things that have kept me smiling…
1. Hogwarts in the Snow. OH MY GIDDY AUNT PETUNIA. I was invited to the launch of this year’s Christmas festivities at the Warner Brothers Harry Potter studio tour, and had THE TIME OF MY LIFE. I showed Gary the photo of me flying on a broom and he said it’s the happiest he’s ever seen me (despite my weird wonky eye) ♥︎
2. Hotel breakfast. We woke up hungover on Sunday, after an awesome party in Marlow. I’ve never been more thankful for hotel breakfasts. Sausages, beans and multiple cups of tea, please and thank you.
3. Fantastic Beasts. I went to the cinema on Tuesday to watch Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and IT IS MARVELLOUS. I won’t say any more than that, except I loved it, and I’m dragging Gary with me to watch it again this weekend.
4. Dogs on the tube. What else is there to say?
5. Mushroom croquetas and Pad Thai. I’ve got a full post coming some time this week about Flat Iron Square, but I feel it’s important that I tell you about the mushroom croquetas from Edu and the Pad Thai from Ekachai. They’re both bloody delicious.
6. Walks by the lake. Gary and I went for a walk by the lake near our hotel in Marlow, and it was gorgeous. Trees, leaves, and a gaggle of swans… Beautiful and peaceful and lovely.
7. Mac and cheese. I went to a mac and cheese masterclass last week, with the team from Anna Maes and Arla Lactofree. We made the BEST mac and cheese I’ve ever eaten. Ever. And I can’t wait to recreate it at home!!
8. Harry Potter. I had a Harry Potter marathon last night, and it was delightful. Hagrid’s standing ovation in Chamber of Secrets makes me cry every time.
9. Dinner with Erica. Catchups with this pink-haired unicorn are always a highlight! ♥︎
10. Inspiration. I’ve been feeling so productive and inspired by my blog recently. I’ve got so many ideas for content, I’m planning another design upgrade for the new year, and there’s so many exciting opportunities popping up too! It’s coming to the end of 2016, and if there’s one big thing I’m grateful for, it’s that I had the courage to leave my old job and focus on my own business again. I’ve never been happier. HIGH FIVE TO ME.
And that’s it!
I can’t quite believe we’ve got less than a month to go until Christmas is here.
2016 has been a weird combination of seeming to drag foreverrrrrr and also flying by in the blink of an eye. I’ve been back at my reception job for nearly 6 months now.
I feel like maybe that’s actually the one part of my life where I HAVE grown up: I’ve learnt how to trust my gut.
I wasn’t happy in my old job, and even though it’s still a work in progress, I know that the work I’m doing now is setting me up for my dream job, and I’ve never been happier.
So hooray for that – and let’s hope I start to pick up all the other essential adulting skills soon…
Hasta la vista baby!