Surprised? I knowwww, me too.
I said a few months ago that I was going to have a little break from writing these posts. To be honest, I wasn’t sure if I’d EVER bring them back again. But it’s been 3 months and I realised last week how much I miss just talking about my daily life on here.
I’ve been posting little snippets on my Instagram (and actually really enjoying it), but I kind of want to do more. I want more reminders of things that have made me happy, more written accounts of the little moments that I’m likely to forget when I’m 80.
So the next decision I have to make is: how do I do this?
I stopped writing Happy Monday because I was bored. The format just got predictable and it wasn’t any fun for me anymore. I did it the same way for 2 years, and I wanted to do something a bit different…
So I’m starting a newsletter!
The first Happy Monday newsletter will be going out on the 4th of September, and you can sign up by clicking HERE.
Every Monday morning you’ll receive an email straight to your inbox with my 10 Happy Moments of the week, along with a little diary update, some favourite articles, blog posts, Instagram feeds, recipes, and any other little bits I think you might enjoy. It’s going to be warm and colorful and filled with things that will I hope will make you smile!
Until then, I’ll be posting my regular 10 Good Things posts on the blog, just like I used to. This will give me a bit of time to get my head back in the game, as well as giving me a chance to get the hang of Mailchimp.
I realise everyone and their mother seems to be starting newsletters this year, but guys I’m SO excited about this! I’ve only ever sent a handful of newsletters in my life (at my old job), so this is all new for me, and I can’t wait to sink my teeth into a new creative project.
I hope you’ll join me for the ride! :)
1. A Color Story filters. I’m obsessed with the new Seasons filter pack on the A Color Story editing app. I actually deleted the app a few months ago cos I find their editing sliders really clunky. But Rebecca from A Clothes Horse has created this awesome filter pack and, as I LOVE her photography, I couldn’t resist trying them. And ohhh boy. They’re SO good.
2. House move. I don’t think I’ve actually told you guys this yet, but Gary and I are moving house next month! We’ve bought a tiny flat in Sutton, Greater London, and we’ll be moving there in September. We popped down to visit the area with Gary’s parents yesterday, and had a proper little explore of the surroundings, and now we’re even more excited. (GUYS, THERE’S A PRIMARK DOWN THE ROAD FROM MY NEW HOUSE. *praise hands emoji*.)
3. Coffee and creativity. I met a lovely new friend for coffee and we had the most fab brainstorm of creative ideas and photography projects. I came away suuuper inspired and excited to take on the world.
4. Game of Thrones. I’M SO GLAD IT’S BACK ON TELLY. Like, every time the theme music starts, I grin like an absolute fool. It makes me so happy!
5. Chocolate brownies. I made my favourite Nigella Lawson flourless chocolate brownies and they were as utterly yummy as I remembered.
6. Tapas. We went for tapas at The Little Taperia in Tooting Broadway last night. I filled my belly with jamon croquetas, pan con tomate, salt cod fritters, black seafood rice, and half a bottle of cava, and it was utter perfection.
7. Red leather jacket. I picked up a red leather(ish) jacket in the New Look sale for £20 (it’s sold out now). It arrived on Tuesday and I’ve basically worn it every day since. Makes a lovely change to my usual black monochrome uniform!
8. Boyfriends who cook. Gary cooked dinner most nights (cos I was tired and grumpy and stressed and he’s a good egg), and because he’s an ex-chef it was all SO YUM. ♥
9. Rome. I got paid and accidentally landed on the Skyscanner website and now I’m going to Rome in November. Oops. My sister moved there for her new job last month and I’m so excited to see where she lives, explore her local area, and eat aaaaaall the pizza and gelato!
10. Laughing. I hosted a garden party on Saturday and had the absolute BEST time. There are more pics coming on Wednesday, but I basically worked off all those extra brownie calories just from laughing. (IT’S THE MOST FUN OF ALL AB WORKOUTS.)
Have a very lovely week, and don’t forget to sign up for the newsletter! ♥