I don’t get hangovers very often.
Just as a disclaimer there.
I drink quite frequently, and I do occasionally often have one too many, but it’s only once every few months or so that I have one too many and wake up the next morning feeling truly horrendous.
You’d think that at 23 I would have learnt by now how to do simple things to prevent horrendous hangovers right?
Like drinking water between each drink, and eating dinner before going out and knowing to NEVER DO A BACON VODKA SHOT?
But yeah… no.
No, apparently I haven’t learnt that lesson.
So for your entertainment, here’s a little sort-of-journal on how my brain tends to deal with the morning after the night before…
2) Oh Goddddd.
3) I can’t feel my tongue. WHERE IS MY TONGUE.
4) Oh. Wait. Yep. There it is. Stuck to the roof of my mouth. Dryer than Gandhi’s flip flop. Ew.
5) WATER PLEASE.
6) Oh Goddddd. What did I drink last night? What did I do? WHAT DID I SAY?!
7) And now I have to go to work. LOLZ.
8) EURGH FEEL HORRID.
9) OK shower. A shower will sort me out.
10) Brush my teeth too. That always helps.
11) WOAH. OK so bending over is a bad idea. Dizzy. So dizzy. Don’t do that again.
12) I knew shouldn’t have had that extra cocktail last night.
13) And maybe the shots were a bad idea too.
14) And I probably should have had something to eat beforehand as well.
15) WHY DO I ALWAYS MAKE BAD CHOICES.
16) You’d think I’d have learnt my lesson by now right?
17) I’m so hot. So so so so hot. Vodka sweats. Ew.
18) Mmmmm… water…
19) I’M NEVER. DRINKING. AGAIN.
20) Right. It’s cool. It’s fine. I’ll have some more water. I’ll have some food. All will be well.
21) Oh man. The tube is the worst place to feel hungover.
22) I feel like the vodka is seeping out of my pores.
23) … Ew.
24) WHY IS IT SO HOT IN HERE.
25) I might have to get off a stop early. Dizzy and nauseated and sicky and NO.
26) Fresh air. This is good. Fresh air is good.
27) I really want a Diet Coke.
28) And a bacon sandwich.
29) Oh Goddddd. I did a bacon vodka shot last night. EWWWW. NO. VOM.
30) YAWN. So tired.
31) Oooh Pret. Egg and tomato baguette and really really strong coffee. Yes please and thankyouverymuch.
32) Seriously though. Maybe I should just give up alcohol forever and ever.
Pop your email address in here to subscribe and receive email notifications of new posts!
SIGN UP NOW TO RECEIVE ALL MY LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!