Welcome to Little Miss Katy 2.0!
What do you think?
My last re-design (back in October) was really just an upgrade from my previous one. The colours and feel were all very similar.
But this? This is a whooooole new era, baby!
After 8 months away from my blog, I came back to it in June feeling disconnected and demotivated. I’ve grown up a lot in that time, and my style has evolved a lot with it. I just felt a bit like my blog was wearing clothes that no longer fit properly. You know what I mean?
So I decided it was time to go back to the drawing board and start again from scratch.
My previous designs have all been perfect for the stage of my life I was in at the time. I naturally gravitated towards bright colours, because that’s what I wore and what I surrounded myself with.
But over the last year, my personal style has changed A LOT. It’s become a running joke that I wear black pretty much every day. I like blue and white and grey and black and maybe a bit of red if I’m feeling fancy.
Simple shapes, good quality and easy-to-mix colours are the corner-stone of my wardrobe… So it just felt natural to bring all that over to my blog as well!
The design itself is Aruba Nights by the lovely Pipdig. It’s actually the first WordPress theme I ever bought, and the new updates have been awesome to play with. I did all the customizing myself in CSS.
My lovely new logo and header were both also designed by me (on paper), and then my lovely and talented friend Natasha tidied them up and made them all pretty and perfect for the screen.
I’ve tried to keep the whole design as personal as I can. I wanted it to feel timeless and not too trendy – and I’m really happy with how it’s turned out!
It feels like Me, and that’s exactly what I wanted.
“That’s the best part, the outside is new. But now it reflects what’s already in you.”
– Legally Blonde the Musical
Those of you who follow me on Instagram may also have noticed some big changes on that side of the world as well.
I’ve been working really hard on my photography and editing, to try to nail the images I want to create. It’s still a work in progress, but I’m already so much happier with it!
There’s a lot more contrast and a lot more neutral colours, which means it’s SO much easier for me to find things I want to photograph. No more planning photos a week in advance and having to pray for sunshine, I can now just go out and shoot whenever. LIVING. THE. DREAM.
I know it’s a massive-huge change, but I really hope you like it :)
buy tadalafil canadian pharmacy 1. Instagram. Yes, I know. Massive geek. But I’m a very visual person, and finally having my photos look EXACTLY the way I want them to is making me happier than I can explain!
cheap sildenafil citrate canada 2. Blog friends. I met two of my fave bloggers in real life for the first time this week. First Immy and I went for a summery French dinner at Aubaine on Wednesday, and then Jasmin and I met up with Mimmi and for Mexican food and cocktails. Three cheers for the internet and all the lovely people who inhabit it. ♥
5. Up at the O2. I finally, finally, FINALLY did the Up at the O2 experience yesterday and it was brilliant. BIZARRE (because really, why are we walking up a trampoline over a 52m high tent?) but brilliant. And I did it all on my own, without Gary or the girls or anyone, which was empowering and awesome.
6. McDonalds with Jaye and Tasha. Cos sometimes you just need a big Mac.
7. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. OHMYGODDDDDD. This was my first ever midnight release and it was everything I’d dreamed it would be. (Except for the bit where I was convinced JK was going to turn up and then she didn’t… Sigh.) There were books, there were people dressed up, there was a Harry Potter quiz, there was rum-laced butterbeer… It was amazing.
8. Shoryu Tonkotsu ramen. I treated myself to payday ramen at Shoryu on Friday and ARGH it was amazing. The broth is meaty and comforting and just so so good.
9. A NIGHT IN. I’m putting this in capitals cos it was my one night in this week and it was GLORIOUS. I had the flat to myself so I got into my Gryffindor PJs, curled up on the sofa, and watched food documentaries with pasta and red wine. Bliss.
10. Bernard the Fox. My friends have a fox that likes playing in their garden, so they called it Bernard. I managed to snap a quick photo of him and OH HE’S SO CUTE.
I’m so looking forward to a quiet week!
Between the rebrand and my inability to say no to things, I’m absolutely shattered and really looking forward to a week of early nights, reading and healthy dinners.
I hope you all have an equally lovely week, and please do let me know what you think of Little Miss Katy’s snazzy new look!
SIGN UP NOW TO RECEIVE ALL MY LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!