Happy Monday folks!
THIS SUNSHINE THOUGH.
I can’t cope with how happy it’s making me feel haha.
It’s amazing how much of a difference a bit of Vitamin D can make isn’t it?
1. I cooked! It’s kind of become a running joke now that I barely ever cook for myself. But I was feeling inspired this week, so I downloaded Rosie’s recipe for Italian Tricolore Meatballs and tested it on Gary. Cooked in a rich tomato sauce, topped with bubbling melted mozzarella and cheddar cheese, and served with some garlic sauteed spinach on the side: THEY WERE FAB.
2. Blog friends. I love hanging out with other bloggers. They don’t judge when you’re instagramming your dinner, or talking to yourself on camera, or even just casually changing your clothes underneath your coat in the middle of a public park… They just GET it. Jasmin and I met up to take some outfit photos and eat ample amounts of sausage and mash on Saturday, and it was divine (and cold!)
3. This customer service flyer that made me giggle.
4. The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. I’m completely obsessed with Netflix’s latest own-series. If you haven’t seen it yet (why not?!), it’s about Kimmy, a young woman who’s spent pretty much her entire life locked up in a bunker with a Doom’s Day cult. After being freed, she moves to New York and stuggles to adjust to normal life. It sounds kinda depressing but actually it’s hilarious. I highly recommend it!
5. TAPAS. I went to a Spanish cooking class yesterday and it was brilliant (post coming soon). We made a ton of food, drank lots of wine, learnt some great techniques, and I have leftovers in my fridge for lunch today. SO. HAPPY.
6. New bedding. I popped into Primark after lunch on Saturday to pick up a new pillow, and then got sidetracked by this gorgeous, reversible chevron duvet cover. It’s dark grey and white and goes great with my direwolf-faux-fur throw!
8. The little old man singing on the tube. He was 70 if he was a day, plugged into an iPod and happily singing along to it. I kept catching the eye of other people in the carriage and EVERYONE was having a little smile. Old people are adorable.
9. Peanut butter + berry smoothie. My new favourite combination: an apple, two handfuls of frozen Summer berries, a generous tea spoon of crunchy peanut butter, a cup of water and a dash of milk. Not too thick and it tastes like an actual peanut butter and jam sandwich. WINNING.
10. Ed Sheeran singing Britney Spears. Is there anything this dude CAN’T sing?!
Please accept YouTube cookies to play this video. By accepting you will be accessing content from YouTube, a service provided by an external third party.
If you accept this notice, your choice will be saved and the page will refresh.
This week I’ve also started vlogging again. My first weekly vlog went up yesterday and I’m sooo happy with the response I’ve had from you guys ♥
I’ve been after a new creative project to get my teeth into (if you hadn’t noticed, I like being busy!), and the whole process of filming and editing is one I hadn’t done since I was about 14. I used to just make birthday-present videos for all my friends, but I’ve really enjoyed picking up all the techniques again and working on them from a whole different angle.
It’s definitely not going to replace my blog (I love writing too much!). It’s just something new and fun for me to play with!
They’ll be going up every Saturday morning from now on, so won’t affect my normal blogging schedule either. Hopefully they’ll just be entertaining and funny and give you a bit more of an insight into what I do when I’m not instagramming millions of pictures of food!
Let me know if there’s anything in particular you’d like to see in them. More event details? Less talking? More day-to-day random stuff? I’d love to hear your thoughts! :)
Hope you all have an ace Monday and a truly wonderful week.
Now go be fabulous. *fist bump*
PS. Michelle wrote this brilliant and heartbreaking post last week. It’s about life and death, and making the absolute most out of every moment we have. Be happy ♥
SIGN UP NOW TO RECEIVE ALL MY LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!