So the last few weeks have been a bit of a ‘mare for me health-wise. Not sleeping properly, not eating properly, stressing about, well… everything.
And I’m going to be entirely honest here and say that I’m still not 100%.
My Anxiety Goblin is being a little bitch and needs a good kick in the teeth. And I’ve somehow developed a form of insomnia where my brain has decided that going to sleep at 4am is a grrrreat idea. (Naaaaht.)
But it’s getting there.
I’ve got some exciting things in the pipeline and despite my complete and utter exhaustion, I’m feeling more excited and inspired than I have in a while. I know that things are on the upturn. I have a clearer idea of what I want and what I need to do, to get where I want to be. And I’m feeling enthusiastic about where my life is going.
Like, REALLY enthusiastic.
Like, skipping-round-my-room, singing-in-the-shower, smiling-at-strangers enthusiastic.
Yeah. I know. It’s serious stuff.
Here are just a few of those enthusiasm-inducing little things – it’s been a couple of weeks so there’s a lot to catch up on!
1. New hair. Again. So, if you follow me on Snapchat (misskatyenglish), you’ll probably have seen that I went through a bit of a nightmare with my lovely purple hair. My lovely purple hair that faded to blue and then I tried to dye dark honey blonde and accidentally bleached it and it went green… Yeah. So last week I went to my aunt’s hairdressing salon (The Hair Crew in Highcliffe if you’re ever looking!) and we hacked off 3 inches and dyed it a dark copper and I looooove it. A lot.
2. 45mm lens. See that photo above? See how crisp and clear it is? See how blurry the background is? THIS LENS IS GAME CHANGING, MY FRIENDS. Absolutely worth living off toast and tomato pasta for the rest of the month.
3. Baby cuddles. I went to my cousin’s son’s christening yesterday and I can tell you now that there is nothing more likely to make me smile than a giggling ten-month old wearing a bow tie.
4. Bangarang. I mention these ladies A LOT, but I’m going to do it again because a) I love them and b) I would have struggled harrrrd for the last couple of weeks without their amazing support, advice and non-conditional cheerleading ♥ thank you for everything Erica, Charlie, AJ, Milly, Jasmin, Katie, Emma, Charley and Claire!
6. Visiting my grandparents. Tea, cake, puzzles and a long catchup with my lovely grandparents. It’s all about the family time guys ♥
7. The zombie apocalypse video. I cannot explain how much this video continues to make me laugh. Just imagine about 21 of those cry-laughing emojis and that pretty much covers it. THE CAT YOU IDIOT!
8. Pumpkin ravioli. Pumpkin ravioli in sage butter with amaretti crumble. OMG so good! Go to Strada and order it immediately. Full review coming this week.
9. Brazilian brunch. Poached egg, barbecue braised beef and fried plantain over a home-made maize muffin. OMG so good! Go to Carioca Brixton and order it immediately. Full review coming this week. (Basically, I ate a LOT of really amazing food in the last couple of weeks!!!)
10. Road trips. The lovely Jaye Rockett gave me a lift home from my grandparents’ house and we sang Destiny’s Child really loudly, flatlayed our McDonalds and stopped at the Starbucks drive-through. Basic? Us?
So yeah. Busy busy busy. With lots going on and lots of stuff happening and lots of tired… but also lots of happy.
Here’s to the next few weeks and months my friends.
And may the Monday gods offer you something tasty and delicious for tea tonight. Amen.