Well I’m back. It’s been a long month since I last blogged properly, but I’m back in London, back in our little flat, and back to writing Happy Monday posts at my desk.
We had such a brilliant time in San Francisco, and I can’t wait to tell you all about it. (My first SF post actually went up on Saturday, and you can read that here!)
It’s a fab city, but it’s also got a bit of a hard edge to it which I’ve not really spoken about much on Instagram, partly because it’s hard to explain in one short paragraph, but also because I’m still trying to sort through my feelings and thoughts about it.
There are so many wonderful things to see, do and eat in SF, but there’s also such an absurdly huge wealth disparity. I found it way more expensive than Tokyo, and a heartbreaking amount of people live on the streets, a lot of whom have severe mental health and drug dependency issues.
It’s been an interesting experience for me spending so long in one place (I was there for three and a half weeks), because it’s allowed me to dig deeper and see a bit beyond the surface of what I’d have done if I was only there for a few days (as I usually am when I travel).
But despite all its issues, I had a lot of fun in San Francisco. And even though it may not be my favourite place of aaaaall time, it’s definitely dug itself into my heart. I felt very at home by the end of my visit, and it’s a city I’d absolutely return to one day in the future. ♥︎
http://thematinggrounds.com/about-mating-grounds/ buy generic sildenafil citrate 1. Home sweet home. Ten points to me for remembering to put clean sheets on our bed just before I flew to America last month. Best welcome home gift I’ve ever given myself!
cialis without prescription 2. Bourbon and cornflake ice cream. For my last lunch in San Francisco, Gary and I went to the Hog Island Oyster Co. restaurant in the Ferry Building for clam chowder and grilled oysters. It was delicious, but the highlight of the meal was actually the famous Secret Breakfast (bourbon and cornflake) ice cream we got from Humphrey Slocombe for dessert.
order sildenafil citrate 3. Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. I’ve been desperate to rewatch this ever since I visited the Walt Disney Family Museum last week, so I was super happy to find it on the United inflight entertainment menu. I think the lady sat next to me thought I was nuts, but it was so interesting to watch it again now that I know the incredible history behind it.
4. Brunch. Double brunch whammy this weekend! I met my uni pal Shvonne for eggs and coffee at Megan’s on Saturday, then caught up with Erica yesterday for Happy Toast and bubbles at Greyhound Cafe. Both are absolute winners!
5. Cute babies. My pal Sarah had her adorable twins last week. Clare had the gorgeous Eva over the weekend. And I’m travelling up to cuddle my friend Barney’s two babes tomorrow as well. Babies. Babies EVERYWHERE. ♥︎
6. Hufflepuff socks. I bought the softest fuzziest comfiest Hufflepuff socks in Primark yesterday. They’re called “cosy socks” and they have those sticky padded things on the bottom of the foot, so you don’t slip on the floor. I love them.
7. Photoshooting. My goal for the final quarter of this year is to buy a new camera, and it’s 100% Sarah Ellen’s fault. Would you LOOK at the photos she shot for me on Friday?! The girl is super talented, and I had so much fun shooting with her, but it’s also made me want to improve my own food and travel photography. My little Olympus PEN is 3 years old next month, and I’ve learned so much with it, but I think it’s time for an upgrade!
8. Young and Hungry. Y&H is a sitcom available on US Netflix, about a girl who gets a job as a private chef for a hot rich tech guy in San Francisco. It shouldn’t work but it totally does. The show is based on an actual food blogger in SF, and it’s funny, and the lead is Emily Osment who I have loved for years, and basically it’s my favourite show at the moment. ANYWAY. The Good Thing is that I found out last night that Season 5 (the only one I hadn’t been able to watch before I flew home) is on Channel 4’s online catch up. GUESS WHAT I’M GOING TO BINGE WATCH TONIGHT. 🙌🏻
9. Buttered toast. The first thing I did when I got home on Thursday was make a giant plate of buttered toast with a cup of Yorkshire tea on the side. It’s the little things.
10. Dancing girl. There was a guy beatboxing outside Tottenham Court Road station yesterday, and this adorable little girl was dancing all on her own and having the time of her life. Super sweet to watch.
Have a wonderful week my lovelies! ♥︎
SIGN UP NOW TO RECEIVE ALL MY LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!