It’s been a weird couple of weeks.
Since my silly Winter virus illness thing that I had a few week ago, I’ve been struggling with dizzy spells, marshmallow-brain (you know that feeling when your brain can’t focus and you feel like your head is full of marshmallow?), back pain, really bad bloating and gas, and a total and complete lack of any energy.
We’re still trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with me but I’m 99% certain it’s this vile weather mixed with some sort of food intolerance.
Now it’s just a question of finding out what it is I’m intolerant to.
(And I’ve got an awful feeling it’s going to turn out to be gluten and then I might have to cry because pizza, pasta, cake, toast… Sob)
ANYWAY. My point is that I just want to quickly apologise now for my erratic posting schedule.
I’m annoyed with myself about it, as I have a whole load of stuff I want to share with you guys (including two AMAZING theatre performances and a delicious dim-sum afternoon tea), but honestly, I’m finding it really really hard to concentrate on anything for longer than twenty minutes and whenever I have tried to get anything done, my writing has been spectacularly awful.
So yeah… I’m really sorry!
I don’t like being negative on my blog, so I’m trying to keep this as short as possible, but I just really wanted you to know what the sitch is. Hopefully it’ll get sorted soon and I’ll be back as bouncy/twinkly as ever.
Funnily enough, the only posts I have kept faithfully to have been this Happy Monday posts.
Cos I’ve discovered that there are always little things to be happy about, even when I’m feeling poopy :)
canadian pharmacy online no prescription 1. My New Look monkey socks. Because novelty socks = the best socks.
click here 2. Listening to the whole collection of Ingrid Michaelson albums on Spotify. I’d heard some of her stuff before, but not listened properly. And now I’m completely in love.
read more 3. Snow! Gary and I went down to Surrey on Friday night to meet his parents for dinner. We stayed overnight, and when we woke up it had SNOWED! Like proper settled white freezing snow. And I was wearing a dress with tights and ballet flats. Practical as ever eh?
4. Peppermint tea. It helps my poor sore belly and is absolutely delicious and I’ve managed to get through a whole box in less than a fortnight. OBSESSED.
5. Finding out that the word “bae” (commonly used by teens as a really annoying endearment for their boyfriend/girlfriend) actually means “poop” in Dutch. I actually laugh-cried hysterically for about half an hour.
6. One of my clients bought me a Peanut Butter cupcake from Lola’s Cupcakes. Yes I only ate half, and yes, that half made me look 12 months pregnant and want to take all the naps… but the gesture was really sweet, and the half I did eat was freaking scrumptious.
7. Re-reading Harry Potter. It’s warm, it’s comforting, and I’ve read it enough times that it doesn’t require much concentration from my poor brain. It’s been a good weekend distraction!
8. This comic. I read it a few years ago and remember thinking it was SO TRUE and SO FUNNY and SO GOOD. And that’s still my assessment now.
9. My new Pearl silk nail polish from Barry M. It’s a creamy white with subtle sparkliness and reminds me of snow and is all kinds of pretty :)
10. The new Game of Thrones Season 5 trailer. EEEEEEEK! I CAN’T WAIT. Seriously. All the excitement. The DVD for Season 4 is out in two weeks and I think I might have to talk Gary into going halves with me on the box set.
Last year we set up a double-sofa-bunk-bed thing in one of the bedrooms so that all of us could watch watch the whole series (1-4) from start to finish. We projected it up onto the walls, plugged in the surround sound, bought a ton of snacks and it was just like being at the cinema!
Is anyone else a massive Game of Thrones fan??
SIGN UP NOW TO RECEIVE ALL MY LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!