I hope you’ve all had a beautiful weekend.
The sunshine was utterly glorious wasn’t it? We took a long weekend and went camping in Kent, and our little spot by the seaside was absolutely amazing! But also windy.
Which meant that it took about two hours for me to notice that I was burning. And by then it was too late.
My face is the colour of an over-ripe tomato and Gary (very kindly) pointed out that my hair now matches my face… which is annoying true.
I spent the rest of the weekend wrapped up in a hoody to cover my arms, neck and chest. So that was fun.
But we also put up tents, light campfires, eat fish and chips and drink lots of fruity cider. Which was actually REALLY fun. (As opposed to the sarcastic not-really fun of getting brutally sunburnt.)
We had such a blast, and it was so nice to catch up with all our friends and spend some time outside of London.
Gary and I are already making plans to do a lot more camping next year. We’re thinking Cornwall, Devon and Wales especially.
Any other recommendations for us?
1. Flowers for days. Oh my god this house. This STREET. We discovered a whole street of houses and pubs in a town called Deal (seriously, that’s its name!). White building with masses of hanging baskets and flowers pouring over the facades… Absolutely stunning. I could have stared at them for hours!
2. Toasted marshmallows. If you go camping and don’t toast marshmallows, were you even really camping?
3. The Divergent Trilogy. I read the three Divergent books last week (I’m a fast reader!) and OH. MY. GOD. I’ve not had so many feelings and opinions about a book’s ending since The Hunger Games. I LOVE getting stuck into a new book, and it’s not often that I fall in love, but I really loved this series!
4. Engagements. One of my cousins got engaged over the weekend and the news had me smiling for a good long time! I’m so happy for them ♥︎
5. Sunrise. Gary and I got up super early on Sunday morning to watch the sunrise on the beach. I’d spotted a gorgeous photo of it on Instagram and really wanted to see the live version! Unfortunately the clouds were too low so couldn’t see the actual event, but the sky was pink and pretty and it was so peaceful. I love early mornings. There’s something about the quiet and stillness of it that makes me so happy.
6. Aftersun. I had a shower when I got home last night and smothered myself in about a gallon of aftersun. After 2 days of being burnt and not having any moisturiser or anything with me, you cannot imagine the relief!
7. New blogs. I’m helping the lovely Hayley in judging one of the categories for the Bloggers Blog Awards and have already found a bunch of lovely new blogs to follow. It’s so fun!
8. Interior decorating on Pinterest. I’ve started a Pinterest board of ideas for our new flat and IT’S MAKING ME SO EXCITED. Now if someone would like to buy me a winning lottery ticket so I can actually make it a reality…? Thanks.
9. The sea. I grew up near the seaside, and I’d forgotten how much I missed it until this weekend! Our campsite was 2 minutes away from the beach which means that the air was salty, the breeze was refreshing and it was utterly blissful.
10. Being back in my own bed! Camping is nice and all… but there’s no place like home!
If my Happy Things seem very full of camping, that’s because that’s pretty much all I got up to last week other than work.
Gary and I have confirmed on our flat now, so I’m trying hard to save as much as I can in preparation for our move next month (she says, having just clicked ADD TO BASKET on a new dress for a wedding I’m going to this weekend…oops!)
This week is looking equally quiet and relaxing. I’ve still got a bunch of blogs to judge tonight, then Gary and I are going to watch the second Divergent film at some point, and I’m also meeting some friends for (a cheap) dinner later in the week.
So it should be a good one!
Hope you all have a fabulous Monday and an equally awesome rest of the week.
And don’t forget to eat something delicious! ♥︎