It’s been quite a while since I last wrote one of these posts. To be honest, I’d pretty much given up on them. I’ve been writing Happy Monday for over two years now, but lately they’d started to feel a bit like a chore I had to tick off my to do list each week, and we all know that ain’t no way to be writing a blog!
And then last week happened.
The horrific attack in London’s Westminster hit a little too close to home. I don’t work very far from there, and my best friend literally quit her job in Parliament only a few months ago. It was far too easy to imagine that that could have been my loved one lying there on the ground.
It reminded me why I started writing Happy Mondays in the first place. Because life is short, and we never know what’s going to happen, and we have to make the most of the time we have, and appreciate every minute we can.
So I’m throwing myself back on the Happy Monday bandwagon. And I’m taking it back to its original format: a little chat at the beginning, a pretty photo, and a list of 10 little things that have made me happy. Short and sweet.
I hope it makes you smile, and I hope you’ll let me know what’s been on YOUR list of Good Things this week!
1. My sister ♥︎ If you follow me on Instagram, you’ll have seen that I spent this past weekend in Lille with my little sister. The city is gorgeous, and I’ll be posting more about it later this week, but getting to spend time with my sis was absolutely 100% the best part about it.
2. New streets to explore. I lost count of the amount of times I made Ches stop so I could take a photo of another pretty street in Lille…
3. Cheese. Cheese on potatoes, cheese on toast, cheese on beer-soaked bread, cheese on waffles… cheese.
4. Wine in the sun. The best thing to do on a sunny Sunday in France is to find a bar with a terrace and sit there sipping glasses of wine until the sun goes down. Note to self: remember the suncream next time…
5. Sprinting. Gary and I have signed up to run a 10km race at the end of April, and so far I’ve done a grand total of two training runs. I know. Awful. But we did a 5km run together last week and I let myself sprint as fast as I could for the last 5 minutes and gave myself a massive rush of adrenaline-induced euphoria. It felt awesome. (Until I got home and had to lie on the floor for a little bit cos I was really, really, really out of breath…)(LOL I’M RUNNING 10KM IN EXACTLY ONE MONTH’S TIME.)
6. Sky Garden. I met Gary and his parents for drinks (and a cheese board) at the Sky Garden last week, and it was brilliant. I’ve never been up the Walkie Talkie building before, but I think it might be one of my new favourites in London!
7. Breakfast in bed. At the moment I’m really enjoying getting up early, making tea and toast, then climbing back into bed with it and catching up on the
news Instagram until I have to start getting ready for work.
8. Marvel’s Iron Fist. We started watching this last week, and I wasn’t sure I was going to like it, but it’s surprisingly addictive!
9. Smokey lentil stew. I made a giant batch of this last week and had it pretty much every day for lunch, and it was (if I may say so) pretty fab. Recipe coming soon!
10. Spring Forward. The clocks have gone forward and the evenings are about to get a whole lot lighter and I’M SO EXCITED AND I JUST CAN’T HIDE IT.
DRESS FOR YOUR STYLE, NOT YOUR SHAPE by Chloe
A MANICURE by Carrie
SAYING GOODBYE TO THE BIZ by Katie
SIGN UP NOW TO RECEIVE ALL MY LATEST NEWS AND UPDATES STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!