Oh tube strikes. You are fun aren’t you?
It took me 2 hours and 45 minutes to get to work this morning. That’s two hours and 10 minutes longer than it usually does.
But on the bright side, I did actually get a seat on the bus, today’s sunrise was outrageously beautiful, AND I found a completed Caffe Nero loyalty card in the side pocket of my panda bear backpack.
Free coffee makes everything better.
Here’s what else has been making me smile this week!
1. Doing Level 2 of 30 Day Shred and not dying. So considering I’m the heaviest I’ve ever been and I only started properly exercising again this week (for the first time in about a year), this is probably one of the highlights of my week. I BOSSED IT. ??
2. Cauliflower mash. I tried making cauliflower mash to top my cottage pie last week – and it was EXCELLENT. Soft, fluffy, flavoured with garlic, and much lighter than potato – which means I can have it for lunch and not have to nap straight after. Definitely going to make this again!
3. Pommodoro technique. I’ve been trying to find ways to properly improve my productivity levels and this has been soooo helpful. Basically: you stick a timer on 25 minutes, then pick one task and do JUST that for the whole time. If you think of other stuff you need to do, write it down, then keep working on your chosen task. I got SO much done last week, and it’s definitely because of this.
4. Dresses with pockets. I bought two new dresses in the Lindy Bop sale last week and they’re both pretty and swishy and (best of all) they have POCKETS. It’s a sartorial miracle. (This dress, and this one, if anyone was wondering!)
5. Homemade peanut butter. I MADE PEANUT BUTTER. It took me about 15 minutes and it’s the best peanut butter ever. For reals.
6. Sketching out blog plans. Hannah tweeted about writing her blog business plan last week and it made me start thinking about mine. I’ve started sketching out ideas and timelines, of what I want to do and where I want this blog to go, and I’m feeling very adulty and professional about it. It’s great.
7. New trainers. I got some ASOS vouchers for Christmas (thanks Tim and Sue!), so I used them to buy myself a pair of Stan Smiths like the cliched blogger freak that I am, and I LOVE them. So comfy.
8. Impromptu drinks with Aisling. I was at home scrolling through my Twitter feed on Saturday night, when I spotted the lovely Aisling was down in London for a last-minute visit. She was staying about 15 minutes away from me, so we met up for drinks, and then it got a little bit out of hand and I didn’t get home until about 2:30am. The beast of a hangover I had yesterday was totally worth it.
9. Lemon curd on toast. I just really love lemon curd. Cheers Scarlett and Mustard for sending me a jar!
10. My happy place. I’m having these little pockets of happy a lot at the moment, and the most recent one was yesterday: curled up on the sofa with Gary, wearing my pjs, wrapped up in a blanket, drinking hot tea and digesting the latest heart-attack-inducing episode of Sherlock.
Ahh the blurry pub selfie. Classic.
I’m currently trying to figure out what I’m going to do with Happy Mondays. I love writing them, and I’m definitely not planning on stopping anytime soon, but I feel like the format needs a bit of a refresh.
Using my Instagram photos as illustrations of my week doesn’t really work anymore (hello doors and houses), so I’m having a bit of a think.
To be totally honest, I’m actually having a bit of a think about the whole blog. My Summer rebrand helped make it feel more like me again, but now that I’ve been living with the actual design for a few months, there are just a couple of functional details that have been niggling me.
So yeah. Changes are definitely afoot!
(On a total subject change: I’ve just realised I left my phone charger at home and I’m FUMING at myself because hi, I have 13% battery left and a two hour commute home to get through…)
I hope you all have a very wonderful week – oh and Londoners? Stay strong. We got this. ♥