Gosh. December already eh? SCARYYYY. Time seems to be absolutely flying recently. I can’t believe it’s time for another 10 Good Things post already!
How was everyone’s weekend?
Mine was pretty chilled in the end. Gary and I have both done most of our Christmas shopping now, so we’re pretty broke and decided it would be a good idea to put the cinema on hold this week. No Imitation Game for us… Sad face. So I bullied him into watching The Nightmare Before Christmas with me instead!
I asked on Twitter whether you thought it was a Halloween or a Christmas film and the general consensus seems to be that it’s both. Personally I’ve got it on my Halloween film list and, having rewatched it, that’s where it’ll be staying. It’s just not Christmassy enough for me. So come on Netflix, update already!
This week’s been a pretty busy one for me. Things seemed to fill up pretty quickly at the last minute and what I’ve really really loved has been finally meeting so many bloggers that I’ve been reading, commenting and chatting to on Twitter.
Here are 10 Good Things that have happened this week!
1. Attending the preview of The Last 5 Years musical film. OH. MY. GOD. It’s brilliant and utterly heartbreaking. Anna Kendrick and Jeremy Jordan tell the story of Cathy and Jamie, from their first date to their eventual divorce. The twist is that while Jamie narrates his story from beginning to end, Cathy’s goes the other way, starting from the moment she finds out Jamie has left her and working her way back towards the end of their very first date.
It’s a brilliant script, very funny, with fabulous music, incredible vocals and really amazing performances from both Anna and Jeremy. I was full-out sobbing by the last number and I can’t WAIT to see it again when it’s released in January!
2. Putting the Christmas tree up last night with my flatmates. ALL THE CHRISTMAS.
3. I tried snails. Sure, they were smothered in so much garlic butter that all I could taste was garlic (I love garlic) and yes, I did have to close my eyes before each mouthful cos the thought of what I was eating was enough to make me cry… but I did it!
4. Doing my makeup on the tube and getting my eyeliner completely perfect. YES SIR.
5. Gordon’s Wine Bar ♥ it’s one of my very favourite London drinking spots. It’s a teeny-tiny wine bar just up from Embankment station. The inside is like a tiny cave or (more appropriately) a vintage wine cellar, but the best part is their HUGE outdoor drinking area. The atmosphere is always fab! Vicky and I grabbed a bottle of rose and a couple of chairs under a heater and settled down to a massive gossip. Always enjoyable!
6. My long Saturday lie-in followed by strong coffee and dippy egg with marmite soldiers. Simple things!
7. Catching up with Josie at the Rodial Sculpt Bar launch last week. We both got our makeup done, sipped away at our adorable individual-sized bottles of champagne and stared at Daisy Lowe from a distance (#creepers). Oooh and I got to meet Charlotte, Laura and Olivia which was also fab! I think I’m finally getting the hang of going up to strangers to awkwardly introduce myself haha.
8. The adrenaline rush of finally (fiiiinally) getting my hands on this gorgeous coat. It came back into stock in my size on Friday and I had to battle the Black Friday-induced website crashes but IT’S MINE. Myyy preeeciouuuus.
9. I finally plucked my eyebrows last night. Weirdly satisfying. I hadn’t realised quite how bad they’d gotten until I fixed them…
10. The Nuffnang blogger’s workshop at the Citizen M hotel on Saturday. I picked up SO many tips about branding and photography and blogging in general. It also sparked a whole load of ideas for new blog posts AND I finally got to meet the lovely Catherine and Jessi and Sarah AND I had the best Salted Caramel Brownie in the world.
I’m just looking through my phone and I seem to have taken almost no photos this week… Not sure how that’s happened. It’s very unlike me! I’ll try and take some more this week :)