It’s been an ace week. Lots of sunshine, blue skies and early, EARLY nights.
I finally realised that a massive part of me being ill so often lately probably had something to do with my severe lack of sleep.
Pretty obvious no? I mean, if you’re surviving on just 6 hours a night, your body’s eventually going to shut down in protest, right?
And yet I tend to get sucked in a Twitter black hole (#EELive I’m looking at you!) and suddenly it’s half eleven and I have to be up at half five.
So this week I’ve been making myself clean my face, put my PJs on and be in actual bed by 9pm.
That way, even with an hour of reading my book, stalking Instagram and texting my Mum, I’ve still managed to be fast asleep by 10:30pm.
I’ve also managed to introduce a bit of gluten into my diet this week and my belly hasn’t exploded, which I’m taking as a really good sign.
Taking it slow for now, but fingers crossed I can be back on the cake wagon in a few weeks time.
I think I’m finally getting my health back on track, and OH IT FEELS SO GOOD.
1. Watching the sun rise on my morning walks to the tube. Lovely way to start the day! :)
2. Milkmaid braids. My hair is finally long enough for them!!! They used to be my favourite hairstyle and it’s been 2 and a bit years since I was last able to do them. So I took advantage of the weekend to wear them ALL THE TIME.
4. Celebrating Creativity at the CitizenM London hotel on Friday. Amazingly powerful talks from visual artist Liz Atkin and writer/director Jess Swale. I left feeling completely inspired, empowered and ready to take on the world!
5. Ham and cheese pancakes. DAT HAM DOE. Juicy, spicy, tender meat marinated in jerk sauce and topped with a sweet marmalade crust… Oh boy. The six of us demolished 3kg of the stuff (along with huge hunk of mature cheddar and 15 pancakes) in the space of about 20 minutes. Twenty minutes. That’s how good it was.
6. Organising a trip to York with my uni ladies. ALL THE EXCITEMENT.
7. Comfort food. Boiled egg and soldiers for supper. Three nights this week. I’m not even sorry. It’s the equivalent of a big hug from Mum ♥
8. Feeling light. Weighed myself on Friday and found myself back at my pre-Christmas weight. Huzzah!
9. Cuddles with my little sister. She was in London on Saturday so we met up for afternoon tea and a catchup at Bea’s of Bloomsbury.
10. Scones with cream and jam. Same event as cuddles with my sister, but fully deserving of their own spot on the list! Warm, crispy on the outside, melt-in-the-mouth on the inside, smothered in fresh clotted cream and strawberry jam… What British dreams are made of.