2. Milkmaid braids. My hair is finally long enough for them!!! They used to be my favourite hairstyle and it’s been 2 and a bit years since I was last able to do them. So I took advantage of the weekend to wear them ALL THE TIME.
4. Celebrating Creativity at the CitizenM London hotel on Friday. Amazingly powerful talks from visual artist Liz Atkin and writer/director Jess Swale. I left feeling completely inspired, empowered and ready to take on the world!
5. Ham and cheese pancakes. DAT HAM DOE. Juicy, spicy, tender meat marinated in jerk sauce and topped with a sweet marmalade crust… Oh boy. The six of us demolished 3kg of the stuff (along with huge hunk of mature cheddar and 15 pancakes) in the space of about 20 minutes. Twenty minutes. That’s how good it was.
6. Organising a trip to York with my uni ladies. ALL THE EXCITEMENT.
7. Comfort food. Boiled egg and soldiers for supper. Three nights this week. I’m not even sorry. It’s the equivalent of a big hug from Mum ♥
8. Feeling light. Weighed myself on Friday and found myself back at my pre-Christmas weight. Huzzah!
9. Cuddles with my little sister. She was in London on Saturday so we met up for afternoon tea and a catchup at Bea’s of Bloomsbury.
10. Scones with cream and jam. Same event as cuddles with my sister, but fully deserving of their own spot on the list! Warm, crispy on the outside, melt-in-the-mouth on the inside, smothered in fresh clotted cream and strawberry jam… What British dreams are made of.