Guys, guys, guys, guyyyyys.
I HAVE A NEW TOY.
I finally got myself involved with the Olympus PEN e-PL7.
It’s been almost a year to the day since I first tried out this little munchkin DSLR.
Those of you who’ve stuck with me for that long (bless you for that) may remember that Olympus invited me along to test-drive the e-PL7 on the FROW at LFW. (That’s front row at London Fashion Week, for those of you uninitiated in fashion jargon!)
At the time, I was a newbie blogger, waaaaaay out of my depth and feeling a bit like a fraud for being there at all.
Like, LOL. It was a very surreal day for me.
But I did love the camera. I loved it a lot.
Unfortunately, I’d only bought my first, basic DSLR a few months before.
So the sensible side of me decided to rear its head and inform me that buying ANOTHER fancy camera, when I didn’t even know what Aperture and ISO were yet, was a bit of a silly idea…
BUT NOW IT’S MIIIIINE.
(Can you tell I’m excited? I am.)
It has all the capabilities of a DSLR, all crammed into a body the size of a point-and-shoot. AND IT’S SO PRETTY.
It also has wi-fi, a screen that tilts both up and down, and (the crucial point that finally made me order it) you can use your smartphone as a remote. So I can set up my tripod with the camera, walk away, adjust all the settings and focus from my phone, and then take the pic on self-timer.
MY OUTFIT PHOTOS ARE ABOUT TO GET SERIOUS YOU GUYS.
OK. I’ll stop gushing now.
Here’s what else has made me skippy-jumpy happy this week!
1. MY NEW CAMERA. Obvs.
2. Shiny shoes. So shiny. So rose gold. So cliche. SO DON’T CARE THEY’RE PURDY AND I LOVE THEM.
3. Snuggly blanket scarves. I finally got my hands on the grey herringbone scarf I mentioned in my Autumn style concept post! It went out of stock the day after I posted but it’s back in and now it’s safe and sound in my wardrobe. So soft, so snuggly.
4. Blogger dinner dates. I smushed my face into a giant burger with Lauren. Then I ate ALL the tapas and jamon in the land with Zomato. AND THEN Tasha and I got all involved with an Indian feast. It’s been a very foodie week.
5. Sister time. I went down to Salisbury on a last-minute trip to see my sister. We watched Finding Nemo and had picnics and went for lovely walks to watch the sunset and drank wine overlooking a river. Perfection.
6. German people cheering on Syrian refugees as they arrive at the airport. All the feels. (Also, in case you missed the post on my Facebook page, you can buy things through this fully-endorsed-by-many-people Amazon wishlist that will be sent to help the refugees in Calais. I bought eight 5L water holders for about £15 and there’s tons of stuff at different price points. Take a look!)
7. JK Rowling. Queen of Sass, Queen of Philanthropy, QUEEN OF LIFE. I love her.
8. Planning holiday getaways. Gary and I are thinking of doing a long weekend in Bruges to explore the Christmas markets. It might not even happen, but the researching and googling and planning is fun anyway!
9. iPad keyboard. MORE NEW TOYS. I bought a Bluetooth keyboard for my iPad. Now I feel like it’s going to revolutionise how I can work on this thing. Now I can reply to comments and write properly on my iPad and I’m mucho excited. (And also a little bit broke, even though I bought a used one to save some dollahs.)
10. Coming home from a weekend away, and curling up in bed with Netflix, Instagram and a cup of tea. Productive? No. Satisfying? OH YES.
Basically I bought a bunch of stuff and I ate a bunch of stuff and I’m happy.
And now I’m off to play with my new camera and ignore the mountain of ironing sat in my room waiting for me.
Have a good week everyone! xxx